Buying a new boiler is an expensive and major decision. You need to take it with care and caution while buying y our new boiler. Now a good boiler costs anywhere between 1800 to 3000 pounds and as such you need to exercise more caution while deciding all the matters regarding the buying and installation of your new boiler.
Here are some useful tips that you must bear in mind while considering your new boiler purchase:
- Select only reliable boiler: your boiler is a critical piece of equipment that must be running all the 24 by 7 and help you get on the heat and hot water you need for comfortable living in your home. Do not think about saving a few hundred pounds and go on spending thousands of Pounds on repair later besides the discomfort of living without heat and hot water in the cold winter months. So, go for a reliable and well-established brand of boilers and select the right model that is the best fit for your home.
- Trust your Boiler Engineer: You cannot expect yourself to be an expert in the boilers. Trust a professional who is knowledgeable and professionally trained in the field of boiler installation. Select their right boiler engineer and get his opinion about the brand and model of the boiler that will be the best option for your home.
- Install by a professional: Get the new boiler installed through a well-trained professional boiler engineer. Post-installation assessment and preventive maintenance is the best way of enhancing the lifetime of your boiler through your boiler is manufactured with high-quality components to offer you trouble-free service. Preventive and periodical maintenance is a must and hence involve a good boiler engineer right from the day of selecting your boiler and keep him involved in the upkeep of your boiler during its entire lifetime.
- Choose the right type of boiler: There are three types of boilers: Combination boiler heat-only boiler, and a system boiler each having their advantages and disadvantages. Select the right type of boiler while Buying a new boiler with the help of your boiler engineer so that your home can get all the heat and hot water as they need it.
- Select the right type of boiler to save on the utility bills: The modern condensing type boilers come with high efficiency and hence can offer huge savings on your energy costs. So, you need to select the right type of condensing boiler to save significant amounts of money on your energy bill.
- Select the right size of boiler for your home: While installing your boiler do not go by the size of the space available for installation in your home. Go by the size of the boiler depending on the heat output and the level of service you want from it. Then only your boiler can satisfy all your needs and give trouble-free service for long years to come.
- Do not go by the price alone: Boilers are manufactured with high-quality products and hence you must be prepared to pay the right price for the right product and always bear in your mind that cheap products cannot be always good products.
Hence keep these useful tips in your mind while selecting a boiler for your home and this will help you find and install a quality boiler for your comfort and trouble-free service for long years
Article – 8
Signs to Know When your Commercial Boiler Needs Servicing
During summer months we don’t need the services of the boiler and we usually do not pay more attention to it. But when the climate outside becomes cold we need hot air to keep us comfortable in our home or office
Day After day your boiler works tirelessly to keep you comfortable and convenient even when the temperatures drop outside. With time, your boiler gets worn out and needs regular service to extend its useful life.
Here are some indications to know that your boiler requires immediate attention and prompt servicing
- No recent servicing: when you have not serviced your boiler recently and still it is working well it does not mean that it will work forever like that. It is time now to do servicing of your boiler so that it can continue to give a wonderful service it is used to give
- Clogged filters: filers in your Boiler get clogged often hindering the free movement of air and it may lead to the burdening of the boiler with the additional load. You have to clean the filter and if you find that the filter is getting dirty are and gets clogged more often you need to call your service engineer to have a look at the entire system to prevent costly repairs later.
- Spring leaks: When a boiler begins to spring leaks, it is a clear indication that something wrong is going on inside. So, do not neglect any leaks and immediately call your service engineer and get him to inspect the boiler to find out what is wrong and take preventive measures early so that your boiler can give trouble-free service for a long time
- Poor Energy Efficiency: When you find that your boiler is not operating at its peak efficiency and is consuming more energy to give the usual amount of heat or gives less amount of heat consuming more energy, then it is high time that it must be serviced by a trained professional. High energy
costs will be the way of life if you neglect the servicing of your boiler at the right time
- Slow heating: When you find that your boiler is not heating up fast as it used to be you must see what is happening in the boiler. So, call your boiler engineer and let him find out the fault and set it right before any costly repairs land on your hands
- Gives operating issues you have to get ready for boiler service if you find that your boiler is giving operating issues like keeping one room hot and others cold and finds it difficult to maintain a uniform temperature throughout your home
- When you begin hearing noises: When your Boiler begins making unusual sounds you must know that it is not working as usual and you have to find out what abnormality is growing in your boiler operation. The best way is to call your boiler engineer and rectify it at the earliest.
Thus, take note of the signals of your boiler and arrange for servicing so that you are boiler continues to give t and convenience to your home for a long time to come. We home this guide will help while buying a new boiler for you